Saturday, September 5, 2009

Starting Over

As much as it pains me to say it, I've found the Apple/Mac application that I truly hate:  iWeb.  I've never been happy with my (in)ability to incorporate photos with text on a blog page, so I'm trying out Blogger to see if it's easier.

Since it’s been nearly 2 weeks since I posted you might have wondered if I’d given up already! No, I’ve just been really, really busy with other stuff.

First, I’ve been working every day homeschooling Nicole. While we’re having some issues when I give her assignments that she doesn’t want to do, we’re basically getting along well and making good progress. I’m hoping to get her to start a blog to do some writing about what she’s studying - stay tuned to see if that ever happens!

Next, with the start of the school year comes the start of PTA activities. I taught 3 officer training classes in the last week, conducted the first Champaign PTA Council meeting of the year and worked to set up the schedule of speakers and locations for the year.

Then there’s the Mothers and More Seasoned Moms' Getaway to Chicago that’s a month away. More contacting people to set up activities/meals/lodging/ registration procedures and all the stuff that goes along with that. Looks like it’s going to be a fun weekend with women coming from California, Atlanta, upstate NY, the DC area and the midwest.

Finally, I’ve been able to grab a little bit of time in the Project Room. I borrowed my friend’s chalk pastels to do a some cards inspired by my late summer garden of black-eyed Susans and purple coneflowers. This is Inspired by Nature by Stampin' Up!
Thanks to Nancy Riley’s iSTAMP iPICKS week 42, I found the tote to hold the matching set I made. It has 8 cards and envelopes (2 birthday, 2 thanks, 1 sympathy, 1 thinking of you, 1 “Live with Passion,” and 1 get well). 
























Then I played with putting Whiff of Joy's Melinda Reading 
under some of the flowers.

I also saw some cute cards with fish made from punches here 
that I just had to case!

And there’s still 2 more days in the long weekend to play some more. 
Hope you all have a great Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment