Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy New Year!

Just as we start to get into the swing of things again Mother Nature gives us another holiday.  We got a total of 6 inches or so of dry powder, with a nice, stiff breeze to blow it into big drifts.  School was cancelled, as were our evening activities, so I got to play around with Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration Challenge #57.




As I've said before, I love her work for its clean lines and wonderful use of color.  She used to have these color inspirations quite frequently, but gave them up this fall to focus on other things.  Many people were excited to have another one appear on her blog this week.


These colors spoke to me, but it still took me quite a while to come up with a way to use them that I liked.  I really wanted to evoke the same feel as the fabrics in her photograph, not just use the colors.

I dunno - I may just need to try again.

1 comment:

  1. Nancy, I like how you used the hearts as the focal point of your card! Great idea! =)

    ReplyDelete